Serve the community
WHy this page Was created
- The goal of this page is to better connect those who want to serve, with those in the community who need assistance. The creation of this page was part of a FHSU Fieldwork in Leadership Studies project, in collaboration with, Patrick McGinnis, the owner of Breathe Coffee House.
- Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community and serve those who are in need of assistance. Helping others builds relationships while making a positive difference within the community.
Ways to get involved
- Come into Breathe Coffee House. Enjoy coffee, conversation, and find out what's going on in the community!
- 703 B Main St., Hays, KS 67601
- Contact Breathe Coffee House at:
- Community Meal
- Opportunity for you, your small group, your civic club or student organization, or your church or company to get out and get involved in our community by supplying, making and/or serving a meal to those in need.
- 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month at Breathe Coffee House
- Prep and set up at 4:00pm, Meal 6-7:30pm, Clean up 7:30pm
- How to get involved:
- Volunteer your time: 4-6 people required to set up, prep, serve and clean up
- Donate an item for the meals: Food and/or cash are greatly appreciated
- For more information or to get signed up please contact Patrick McGinnis at email@example.com or Brandon Nimz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Options Parent Café
- At Options we understand that parenting is hard, especially when you face issues regarding sexual and/or domestic violence. Facing these challenges can leave you feeling isolated. That's why we invite you to come enjoy an opportunity to learn about ways you can strengthen your family while connecting with other parents in the community.
- Free refreshments and child care will be provided. If transportation is a barrier, please feel free to call us.
- Third Tuesday of every month at 7:00pm at Breathe Coffee House
- Phone: 785-625-4202
Let us Know!
- Know of other opportunities to serve and get involved in community? Contact Breathe Coffee House and let us know!